Formed in 1997 as a small choir with a repertoire ranging from Plainsong to Poulenc, Monteverdi to MacMillan, the Wordsworth Singers have won critical acclaim for inspiring performances of largely unaccompanied works.
The choir's singing members come from all over Cumbria and from the south of Scotland, coming together several times a year to perform concerts throughout Cumbria and beyond, following a two week rehearsal period with their Director of Music, Mark Hindley.
In addition to the season's concerts, the singers frequently perform at weddings and other events, and collaborate with other groups in larger scale works.
Dates for our 2013-14 season (programmes and venues tbc):
- Saturday 8 February, 7.30pm, venue tba: Bach +
- Saturday 5 April, 7.30pm, Austin Friars chapel: Renaissance Passion Music
- Sunday 6 April, 3.30pm, Cartmel Priory: Renaissance Passion Music
- Saturday 12 July, 7.30pm, venue tba
- Sunday 13 July, 9.00pm, St Cuthbert's, Carlisle
Details can be subject to change, please check nearer the time